November 4-6, 2021
With prayer and care, The Symposium Planning Team has decided to move forward with an in-person venue for The Symposium! Please note that all attendees will be asked to MASK UP. Registration will close on October 28. That date is firm as the number of registrants will guide any necessary changes to the schedule.
We ask your patience, understanding and good humor as registration numbers may affect the event, resulting in the need to revise workshops. The workshops listed are tentative and subject to change based on registration numbers.
WHAT: A Leadership Training Event for Pastors, Elders,Youth & Children’s Ministers, and Congregations
WHERE: Dyersburg Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Dyersburg, Tennessee
Stream Online – All Worship Services, Keynote Addresses, and Several Workshops (For those streaming – registration will be required along with the Registration Fee of $75)
COST: $75 per person (all meals will be on your own).
Spouses/travel partners attending workshop pay the full registration fee.
Virtual Registration: $75 (includes access to all worship services, keynote addresses and a workshop in each session)
Local people are welcome to join us for worship!
REFUND POLICY: Individuals who cancel their paid registration more than 30 days prior to the event will receive a full refund. Individuals who cancel their paid registration less than 30 days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund.
Register Online and pay with credit card
Keynote Speaker, Scott Dannemiller will speak to us on how to Navigate Tough Conversations – Click for More information
20 Workshops to choose from on timely, engaging topics led by experienced leaders – Click for Workshop Descriptions. Please remember that Workshops may need to be changed pending registration numbers.
- Sleep Inn – $75 (824 Reelfoot Drive, Dyersburg, TN 38024; 731/287-0248) Room Type: Double Queens or King
- Hampton Inn – $89 (2750 Mall Loop Drive, Dyersburg, TN 38024; 731/285-4778) Room Type: Double Queens or King
- Holiday Inn Express – $99 (822 Reelfoot Drive, Dyersburg, TN 38024; 731/286-1021) Room Type Double Queens or King
- For TN registrants, you can use your church Tax ID form for tax-exemption. You must use the credit card associated with your church. Make sure you mention it when making your reservations, and bring with you at check-in.
- Cut-off Date for Symposium Rate – October 21, 2021
- If rooms are still available, hotels will honor Symposium rate after cut-off. In addition, the Symposium rate is good for 11/3 & 11/6.
Welcome to the 2021 Symposium!
Registration is NOW OPEN! You can register and pay online or download a form and mail in your registration along with a check!
This event will be streamed for $75. The streaming fee will include all worship services, the two keynote addresses and 5 workshops (indicated on the schedule). After you register for streaming, you will receive an email ahead of the event with information on how to connect via Zoom.
Check back here for more announcements and updates as we get closer to the event!
All times are Central
Thursday, Nov. 4
- 12:00 pm – Registration Opens
- 1:00 pm – Opening Worship
- 2:30 pm – Workshop Session 1
- 4:00 pm – Workshop Session 2
- Dinner on your own
Friday, Nov. 5
- 8:30 am – Morning Prayer
- 9:00 am – Workshop Session 3
- 10:30 am – Keynote Address – Part 1
- 12:00 pm – Lunch
- 1:00 pm – Keynote Address – Part 2
- 2:45 pm – Workshop Session 4
- 4:15 pm – Worship
- Dinner and Evening on your own
Saturday, Nov. 6
- 9:00 am – Workshop Session 5
- 10:30 am – Closing Worship