Sharing the gospel
When the gospel comes to a person or a group of people, change happens. Individuals and communities are renewed by an encounter with Jesus and his message. The gospel should provide people with a new perspective of every area of life. The gospel is good news and the most important reaction to this good should be to evangelize. That is to say to share this message of good news and its words also has a positive effect in our life.
In our faith experience, the message of Christ is melded with Christ himself to dwell in the lives of all Christians. When that melding happens, Christians are compelled to produce new and positive actions in their lives.
To evangelize is the best way of doing stewardship. When we intentionally share the gospel, we are giving others the best of what we have received from God: Christ’s message of salvation and his dynamic motivation acting upon those who accept him.
—Rev. Eduardo Montoya
- In your opinion, what doctrines and beliefs go against the gospel’s pure message of love? How do these doctrines or beliefs affect the message?
- How do you interpret the statement in Colossians 2:10 “…and you have come to fullness in him”? How do you apply it to your life?
- When you evaluate your faith, are you guided more by common religious formulas or by your person understanding of the Bible message?
How Do I Act
- Think of and make a list about the possible opportunities of presenting witness of your faith. Choose several of these. Commit yourself to witness and comply with your commitment to these opportunities.
- Every time you get the chance, let others (especially non-believers) know you owe all your achievements to Jesus and your faith in him. You may want to make a list of places that you might have this opportunity and jot down things you might want to mention if you are a little bit shy.
- If you do not know a method in how to share the gospel, call or email TJ Malinoski with the Missions Ministry Team at TMalinoski@cumberland.org and ask him for some information on how to go about evangelizing this week. Begin working on how you might tell your faith story to others. Encourage another Christian to do so with you.