Leadership Referral Service (LRS)
Through the Leadership Referral Service of the Pastoral Development Ministry Team, assistance is provided to churches searching for pastors and pastors who want, need, or might be challenged to relocate. There is a confidential, online process for this conversation to begin. To access the online service click on the link – LRS Online
How it works
To begin the process, each entity will need to create an online profile. Once a profile is created, a “ministry snapshot” or a “resume snapshot” can be posted. This will need to be approve by an administrator. The ministers/leaders will be identified by a NUMBER (#1, #2, #3). This is for confidentiality. Either entity can initiate an inquiry requesting more information such as a Personal Information Form (PIF) or a Church Information Form (CIF).
Good to Know
- Ministers/Leaders should have a PIF ready to send when requested.
- Churches should have a CIF ready to send when requested.
Helpful Resources for Churches and Pastors
- Church Information Form (CIF) Blank Form [PDF] [Word]
- Personal Information Form (PIF) Blank Form [PDF] [Word]
- Opportunity List – this is a listing of all the churches that are in an active pastor/leader search process
- Guidelines for a Pastor Search Committee [PDF]
- Clergy Compensation Survey [PDF] – this is a helpful resource provided by the Board of Stewardship & Benefits.
- Sample Contract [PDF] [Word] – this sample contract can be found in the “Guidelines for a Pastor Search Committee” booklet. It is pulled out here as a stand alone resource for convenience.
- If you are a pastor, CONTACT: Pam Phillips-Burk 901.276.4572, ext. 203 or by email
- If you are a church, CONTACT: Kristi Lounsbury 901.276.4572, ext. 263 or by email