Leadership Referral Service (LRS)
Through the Leadership Referral Service of the Pastoral Development Ministry Team, assistance is provided to churches searching for pastors and pastors who want, need, or might be challenged to relocate. There is a confidential, online process for this conversation to begin. To access the online service click on the link – www.lrs.cumberland.org. This application is best utilized using one of the following browsers –
- Internet Explorer 10
- Internet Explorer 11
- Current Version Safari
- Current Version of Firefox
- Current Version of Google Chrome
How it works
To begin the process, each entity will need to create a profile. Once a profile is created, a “job” or a “resume” can be posted. The ministers/leaders will be identified by a NUMBER (#1, #2, #3). This is for confidentiality. Either entity can initiate an inquiry simply by clicking on the “Learn More” button. An email is generated by email@example.com to the church/minister requesting more information such as a Personal Information Form (PIF) or a Church Information Form (CIF). At this point, if it is a minister responding to an email request, note that his/her identity will be revealed to the church.
Good to Know
- Ministers/Leaders should have a PIF ready to send when requested.
- Churches should have a CIF ready to send when requested.
Helpful Resources for Churches and Pastors
- Church Information Form (CIF) Blank Form [PDF] [Word]
- Personal Information Form (PIF) Blank Form [PDF] [Word]
- Opportunity List – this is a listing of all the churches that are in an active pastor/leader search process
- Search Committee Guidelines [PDF]
- CONTACT: Pam Phillips-Burk 901.276.4572, ext. 203 or by email