You have landed on the Pastoral Development Ministry Team webpage. You can find all online resources related to PDMT, presbytery Committees on Ministry/Preparation or Clery Care using the right menu navigation bar. Below you will find links and resources related to ministry during the Covid-19 pandemic. If you are looking for something in particular but can’t find it, contact us and we will try to help. And be sure to sign up to receive our periodic newsletters.
Pam Phillips-Burk, Team Leader
Phone: 901.276.4572, x203
Sign up for our Online Newsletter
Minister/Church & Worship Resources during Covid-19 Pandemic
Churches and Covid Information Seminar sponsored by Tennessee-Georgia Presbytery
March 18 at 6:30 p.m. EST (5:30 p.m. CST)
Guest Speaker: Rae Bond, CEO of the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Medical Society and Chair of the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Covid Joint Task Force and Pianist for the Charleston Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Click to Register to receive the Zoom Invite via email confirmation.
These are challenging and unsettling times in the church and world. Churches are seeking out new ways of providing pastoral care and faith development during this time. Below we
- Pastoral Care Assessment Tool – use this resource created by Church initiative to help connect with your church members during these days of pandemic.
- Room at the Table – video resource for Communion Invitation (please make sure that you have the appropriate license to show video in your context)
- Maundy Thursday at Home Liturgy [PDF] [Word]
- Good Friday at Home Liturgy [PDF] [Word]
- Easter Coloring Page – a great resource to share with your members leading up to Easter. They can tape the finished artwork to their front door as a witness to the Resurrection. Invite them to take photos and send to your church or post on their social media.
- Church Mutual Resource for Returning to Worship
- Download a checklist from Church Mutual for Re-Opening Building [PDF]
- Managing Life During Difficult Times – PDF of the Powerpoint Presentation – English — Spanish
- 14 Preparations You Must Make Before Returning to Your Church Facility – webinar on re-opening your church building for worship.
- CDC Guidelines for Funerals
- General Assembly Covid-19 News & Updates webpage
- 48 Questions to Ask Before Returning to Church – Ken Braddy
- Discipleship Ministry Team – Covid-19 Related Resources all in One Place