You have arrived at the Pastoral Development Ministry Team webpage. We are in the process of redesigning the website, so this page is very basic and simple, but hopefully sufficient for your Pastoral Development Ministry needs. Below you will find links and resources to help you in ministry if you are a pastor. If you have come to this page as a member of a Committee on the Ministry/Preparation or Clergy Care for your presbytery, congratulations! You find resources here to support you in your work. If you are looking for something in particular but can’t find it, contact us and we will try to help.
Pam Phillips-Burk, Team Leader
Phone: 901.276.4572, x203
Sign up for our Online Newsletter
Minister/Church Resources during Covid-19 Pandemic
These are challenging and unsettling times in the church and world. Churches are seeking out new ways of providing pastoral care and faith development during this time of quarantine. There is an overwhelming amount of resources available to church leaders. My intention is to not contribute to mass amount of information. BUT, I will post here those resources/links that I think might be helpful and practical to you. Check back often to this page as this will be the landing place for those resources.
Resources for Presbytery Committees
- Information Forms – please download and complete these forms for any new candidates, Licientiates, Ordinands and return to the Pastoral Development Ministry Team Office
- Understanding God’s Call to Ministry of Word & Sacrament – This book is an excellent resource for one who is discerning a call to ministry. It can be purchased from the CP Resource Center ($5.00)
- Understanding the Process for Ordination – This book is a good resource for a committee tasked with oversight of preparing candidates for ordination. It can be purchased from the CP Resource Center ($5.00) Download a free PDF version of the book. Download a free Spanish PDF version.
- An Introduction to Christian Ministry, by Morris Pepper. This resource is beneficial to both lay and clergy persons and can be purchased from the CP Resource Center ($14.95)
- Covenant of Trust – This is a group study for ministers and congregations on Ministerial Ethics. It can be purchased from the CP Resource Center ($5.00)
- Confession of Faith – available from the CP Resource Center ($5.00) or online.
- Clergy Crisis Fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for Participating Presbyteries
Annual Evaluation Form
This resource is helpful for both a minister and a congregation. Successful ministry happens in partnership and teamwork. It is not a solo endeavor. This resource tool is designed to help both parties evaluate their ministry form both perspectives. Download it here and use it by the end of each calendar year.
Leadership Referral Services (LRS)
Through the Leadership Referral Service of the Pastoral Development Ministry Team, assistance is provided to churches searching for pastors and pastors who want, need, or might be challenged to relocate. There is a confidential, online process for this conversation to begin. To access the online service click on the link – lrs.cpcmc.org.
All pastors/ministers are encouraged to create a profile and post their resume in the online application. The “resume” is just a brief snapshot of basic information and not a full resume. Each minister is identified by a unique number and is in control when their identify is revealed to a particular church. By all pastors/ministers participating in the online service hopefully allows the Holy Spirit to work within technology. Please contact PDMT is you have any questions or concerns.
In addition to the online application process, all pastors/ministers are encouraged to keep their Personal Information Form update to date with LRS. If a PIF has not been updated following a recent move or within five years, it is considered out-of-date. Even though PDMT no longer distributes PIFs, we do keep them on file for future reference and archival purposes. Contact us if you woud like to know the status of your PIF. To create a PIF, download the Word document and when completed return back to us as a Word document by email attachment. [PIF Word]
- Opportunity List – This is a list (by presbyteries) of churches that PDMT know are in an active pastor search process. In some cases, the church’s Church Information Form (CIF) is linked. In some cases, the church only has an online application (LRS Online). Some churches have both. You are welcome to visit/contact any church that interests you to gather more information.
2020 Pastors Retreats
CP ministers/pastors have been gifted with a FREE, 4-day/3-night Sabbath Retreat through the “Whosoever Will Bridge Ministry”. These retreat is being offered as a respite and self-care opportunity for ministers. Space is limited, so it is advised that you register early. Whitestone Country Inn in Kingston, TN is the setting for these retreats. All breakfast and dinner are included. There is a small refrigerator in each room. A member of the PDMT or other designated representative will be present at each retreat to greet pastors, answer questions, offer support and lead a brief worship service. There is no agenda or set schedule. It is a true Sabbath retreat.
- Whosoever Will Bridge Ministry Brochure
- CP Magazine article about the Whosoever Will Bridge Ministry
- For more information or to Register to attend a Pastors Retreats
Clergy Ordination Dates
PDMT is attempting to gather the ordination dates for all clergy. We only have 278 dates of the over 886 ministers in the General Assembly Yearbook. If you have not yet submitted your ordination date, you may do so by clicking the link below. If you have already sent yours, please do not send again. Thanks!
Please sign up to receive our periodic online newsletter with news and information related to ministers and the ministry.