Partnership with PeopleJOY
Outstanding student loan debt has exploded over the past decade in the U.S., climbing to more than $1.6 trillion and becoming the second largest type of consumer debt after mortgages. We understand that many Cumberland Presbyterian ministers are burdened with student loan debt and now have a solution to help support you and your family. The PDMT has partnered with PeopleJOY, a financial wellness benefits organization that specializes in student loan repayment and forgiveness, to assist Cumberland Presbyterian ministers in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). PeopleJOY will work directly with ministers and full-time church employees through the application process for PSLF and provide ongoing support and education for Cumberland Presbyterian ministers.
Did you know?
- Ordained clergy are now considered “Public Service” and can take full advantage of the long-standing Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program;
- You can get your loans forgiven after 10 years of working for a nonprofit and loan forgiveness is tax-exempt for nonprofit employees and ministers;
- 99% of loan forgiveness applicants were rejected for improper paperwork and/or misunderstanding eligibility requirements.
PeopleJOY can Help
- Visit PeopleJOY webpage and get started – cumberland.peoplejoy.com — Access Code (1810)
- Contact PeopleJOY for more information – Email