Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Beacon Health is the provider for this voluntary, work-based program that offers free and confidential assessments, short-term counseling, and referral services to ministers (and family members living in the household) who have personal and/or ministry-related problems. EAPs address a broad and complex body of issues affecting mental and emotional well-being, such as family problems, workplace stress, grief, anxiety and depression, alcohol and substance abuse. This benefit is available to all ministers and probationers (including honorably retired ministers).
How to Access Counseling:
There are two options:
- Talkspace Provider: this is for video, audio, live online sessions, or face-to-face counseling. You will complete a registration form. When it asks for “Organization Name” please put “Cumberland Presbyterian Church”. Once you have registered you will review information for the counselors such as education, certification, etc. Once you have found a provider that you think fits your needs, you can schedule an appointment.
- Emotional Support: this is for virtual, phone or in-person counseling. You will answer a few assessment questions, then search for a provider in the same way as Talkspace. Once you have located a potential provider you can schedule an appointment online. If you desire an in-person session, you may be prompted to call their office.
In addition, don’t forget about the other resources available to you such as financial advise, legal advise and other topics. Click on the link below to get started.
Address Your Stress (flyer)
- Pastoral Development Ministry Team
- Books and Resources
- Clergy Crisis Fund
- PDMT Continuing Education
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legacy of Ministry Online Application
- Leadership Referral Service
- Pastor Appreciation Ideas
- Ordination Date Survey for Clergy
- Annual Evaluation
- Worship Resources
- Team Members