2020 Loaves & Fishes Offering
The Lord upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
Psalms 145:14-16 (NIV)
The Loaves & Fishes Offering this year is a response to the tragedy that the COVID-19 pandemic created throughout the world. As we all look to God for our sustenance, let us share our bounty and help provide relief for those to whom God’s hand has opened.Through God’s gifts to each of us, we have the opportunity to lift up those who have fallen due to the pandemic.
The Missions Ministry Team has determined that the Loaves & Fishes Offering in 2020 will go toward buying food for those impacted by COVID-19. The Missions Ministry Team is requesting the offering each congregation receives this year be used as follows:
75% of the offering can stay in the local church to start or replenish your foodbank or it can be donated to a local foodbank. The MMT asks that the other 25% of the Loaves & Fishes Offering be sent to the MMT to be sent to Guatemala and the Philippines to buy food for those impacted by the pandemic. In both countries there is serious need and the MMT has an infrastructure in place to distribute food. MMT recognizes the need is great in your community as well as globally. We want to allow for flexibility, giving churches the freedom to adjust this offering as they see fit. If your church wants to change the percentages, that is fine. Some churches may decide that more than 25% of their offering should be used internationally.
- Order Form [PDF] [Word]
- L&F Letter [PDF] [Word]
- Thanksgiving Litany [PDF] [Word]
- Children’s Message [PDF] [Word]
- Report Form – used to mail in your offering – [PDF] [Word]
This yearly observance takes place during the month of November, and the annual offering is typically received on the Sunday prior Thanksgiving (or some other date appropriate for your congregation). It is generally viewed as a thank offering. The observance is based upon Matthew 14:13-21, Jesus feeding the multitude.