Ministry Council Summary of Actions (2/21/2021)
Ministry Council Summary of Actions
- The Ministry Council Corporation Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors was held Saturday, February 20, 2021, via Zoom. In attendance were Victory Moore, Carla Bellis, Rev. Kenny Butcher, Rev. Dr. Michael Clark, Rev. Juan David Correa, Amy Cresswell, Debbie Hayes, Rev. Phillip Layne, Rev. Derek Jacks, Lora Rogers–Kerner, Angelica Poveda, Melinda Reams, Ted Shirai, Rev. Tim Smith, and Rev. Mike Wilkinson; Advisory Members: Moderator of General Assembly Rev. Shelia O’Mara, and Stated Clerk of General Assembly Rev. Mike Sharpe; Staff present were Director of Ministries Edith Old, MMT Leader Rev. Dr. Milton Ortiz, PDMT Leader Rev. Dr. Pam Phillips–Burk, and DMT Leader Rev. Elinor Brown.
- The Council approved the formation of four work groups, made up of Council members, to focus on emerging areas of ministry that need to be focused on both now and in the future. Work groups are “The Post Pandemic Church” (a look at Worship, Ministries, and Facilities), “The Tie that Binds” (Restoring Loving Communication and Relationships in a Post Pandemic/Post–Election World), Finance (Pandemic Lessons –Staffing at Center, Virtual Meetings, Travel), and Visioning (1–3 years and 3–5 years –US and International Perspectives.)
- The Council approved revisions to the Ministry Council Shipping Clerk job description. This part–time job position will be advertised for 45 days in accordance with Council guidelines.
- Financial status report was reviewed by the Ministry Council.
- Ministry Team Leaders shared comprehensive Ministry Team reports reflecting new opportunities and goals for the rest of 2021 and beyond. There was particular focus on continuing to provide ministry and keeping people connected during the pandemic.
- Rev. Mike Sharpe, Stated Clerk of General Assembly,shared plans for the upcoming General Assembly in Louisville, KY, scheduled to take place June 27 –July 2.
- Edith Old presented the Director of Ministries’ Report which was approved along with its three recommendations. The Ministry Council remains grateful to Edith for her dedication.
- Amy Cresswell was elected MC representative to the Our United Outreach Committee.
- Rev. Mike Wilkinson was elected Ministry Council representative to 2021General Assembly, Rev. Derek Jacks will serve as the alternate.
Adjourned to meet Friday and Saturday, August 20–21, 2021, at Faith Cumberland Presbyterian Church.