Bethel Football Season to Now Begin February 12 with MSC Changes
The Mid-South Conference Administrative Council voted and passed an additional bye week in the MSC 2020-21 Football schedule. The reasoning is both COVID and weather related and revolved around the fact that teams must play six games to be eligible for postseason competition. With only seven games on the schedule, the group voted to add the additional bye week so that teams would have two weeks to make up any postponements.
The MSC schedule will begin February 12. The originally scheduled March 5 games will be moved to that date with March 5 now a bye week to be used if necessary.
The Wildcats will now open play on the road at Campbellsville on February 12. The Wildcats will host Pikeville a week later at Wildcat Stadium. Homecoming has been set for that date.
The Cats will have only three home games with four slated on the road. All games will be Bluegrass Division contests.
- 2/12/21 @ Campbellsville 5 p.m.
- 2/19/21 University of Pikeville 7 p.m. (Homecoming)
- 2/26/21 @ Thomas More University 5 p.m.
- 3/5/21 Open
- 3/12/21 University of the Cumberlands 7 p.m.
- 3/19/21 @ Georgetown College 6 p.m.
- 3/26/21 Open
- 4/2/21 Cumberland University 7 p.m. (Senior Night)
- 4/9/21 @ Lindsey Wilson College 6 p.m.
All Games CST – All games subject to change – Game Times subject to change
Football Protocols & Ticket Information
Precautions and measures for teams, coaches and support staff
- MSC & NAIA guidelines are being followed. These guidelines include but are not limited to :
1 – Coach/Player education about how to slow/prevent the spread of COVID-19
2 – Daily screening, pre travel screening
3- Cleaning and sanitizing of materials and facilities used and to be used
4 – Bench & sideline maximums
5 – Masks being worn by all non-playing personnel on sidelines
6- Only approved and working personnel will be allowed on sidelines. This will be strictly enforced by Bethel Security
Precautions for fans & staff –Outside the Playing Field
Seating at Wildcat Stadium limited to 33 percent (800 total including players, coaches, staff, band, cheer & fans)
All fans are required to enter through main center gate. Only pass list approved by Athletic Director’s Office and Sports Information Office will be allowed…..
Masks are to be worn by all fans and staff.
- Fans are invited to bring a lawn chair or blanket and sit outside the fence down either side of the stadium
- Family units should be seated together, respect and observe social distancing guidelines throughout Wildcat Stadium. Family units should share a bleacher row, maintaining six feet between families, with a row separating spectator groups
- All fans must be seated. Fans will not be allowed to stand on upper foyer
- Tailgating is NOT permitted at any event
- Only working and prior to the event approved personnel will be allowed in the press box and Holland room. This will be strictly monitored and enforced
- Home games will be video streamed. Fans can visit www.bethelathletics.com at a later date for details.
Contact with student-athletes or staff, prior to or at the completion of games; whether in, on, or around the facilities, will be PROHIBITED
ALL FANS & STAFF WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A TICKET…visit www.bethelathletics and ticket tab for information
All home games will be carried on Wildcat Vision. Fans can also listen to all games on WEIO, 100.0 and at: www.thefarmradio.com
These measures are subject to change with further details to be posted at www.bethelathletics.com